Tuesday 26 April 2011

Introduction

This is just a blog I set up to try to get some of the stuff I write out there.

I've narrowed it to three spheres I have always had a strong affinity for; the application of international law and the politics that comes with policy decisions (especially when it comes to human rights abuses), economics, and sports.

Now you might say the three topics have little in common, but as with everything in our world, subtle connections exist. The wages of sports players teeter on the edge of the same economics that govern the dynamics of drug lords and dealers. People in the Third World are systematically devalued by their economic condition, and therefore are vulnerable to human rights abuses. Sports are sometimes the only escape for those left poor in rights and objects, and they sometimes represent the only way out for the talented young children stuck in the never-ending cycle of poverty. Sports also allow people to hope, and to dream.

I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment